It is important to have honest and open communication with your doctor and other health care professionals. Be prepared! Write down the cerebral palsy questions that you may have before your visit with the doctor. It may be helpful to have someone with you when you meet with the doctor taking notes, so you can listen to what the doctor says. Consider these questions:
- What kind of Cerebral Palsy does my child have?
- What treatment choices do I have?
- Which treatment do you recommend, and why?
- What side effects are there to the treatments that you recommend?
- What is the outlook for my child's future?